The alliance between client and therapist is most vital toward effective therapy.
I am trained in several types of talk therapy.
Possibly more important: I have decades of experience working with, knowing, and being in community with people from all walks of life and virtually all circumstances.
Education & Credentials
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
- State of Texas #202951
- State of Washington #LF61143651
- State of New Mexico #CMF0223361
- Master of Science, Psychology,
Concentration in Individual, Couple, & Family Therapy
Our Lady of the Lake University, Texas
- Bachelor of Arts, Human Development & Family Studies
University of Houston
- 15 years as a social worker/case manager
- 20 years self-employed freelance writer
I’ve been focused on families — academically, professionally, and personally — ever since I can remember. I find families fascinating (and they can also be frustrating, infuriating, and fun!)
I’m a long-time single mom, and have a big heart for other creatures, too.
One of my favorite ways of relaxing is through cooking — I’m pretty good at opening the pantry and fridge, and crafting whatever’s there into a satisfying dish.
I believe strongly in the power of music and enjoy virtually all types, mindfully.