Psychotherapy — sometimes called ‘talk therapy’ — is professionally-facilitated conversation that heals.
Your first session may be as long as 90 minutes, and subsequent sessions are 50 minutes. Sessions are held in my offices — Houston or Spring/The Woodlands.
- Assessment: In our first 1 or 2 sessions, I’ll ask questions to help me know you and how I may be of service to you.
- Individual Therapy: During sessions with one individual, the conversation can vary from exploring your thoughts & feelings, to being a space for you to vent or process out loud, to learning new skills & considering new ideas — and more!
- Relationship Therapy: When intimate partners attend a session together, the conversation can become more complex, sometimes require more gentle direction from me, and lead to new ways of relating to and connecting with each other.
- Group Therapy: Sessions with other individuals or other couples who are not family members but who share a concern or challenge can provide opportunities to hear even more possibilities, often leading to more rapid emotional growth.
- Family Therapy: For family members who are struggling to manage life transitions of all kinds, spending time with a professional counselor in the conversation can open windows of ideas and promote hopefulness and resolution.
Rates & Insurance
My regular therapy session rates:
Individual (one person) session:
60-90 minute Initial session, $125
50 minute Follow-up session, $95
Relationship (couples, partners, friends, family together) session:
60-90 minute Initial session, $140
50 minute Follow-up session, $125
I currently accept the following insurance:
Some forms of BCBS
(You are NOT required to use your insurance.)
For those without insurance coverage or who choose to not use their insurance — if my regular rates would prevent you from meeting your wellness needs, please let me know. We’ll talk about my Affordable Sliding Scale. I’m a co-founder of Affordable Counseling Collaborative Associates, a network of licensed professionals who offer low-fee therapy.
Also, on your request, I can provide a “superbill,” a document you can send your insurance company to request out-of-network reimbursement.